Obligatory screenie (Original image)
Install Chrome List
Chrome List currently works on:
- Firefox 2.0 and onwards
- Thunderbird 2.0 and onwards
- XULRunner applications on XULRunner 1.9a7 or newer (note that you may want to add a menuitem to open Chrome List yourself).
View Chrome List development pages and source on code.google.com
Chrome List is a small extension that adds an "Explore Chrome" item to Firefox's Tools menu. From there you can browse all the chrome packages registered with Firefox in a convenient tree view. At least, much more convenient than unpacking jars one-by-one, and figuring out the mapping yourself.
- Browse all of chrome:// as if it were a directory tree
- Quickly find out what manifest registered a certain file
- Save chrome files to a local file.
- Copy URLs and paths to the files.
- Find files in LXR, or in some other source browsing system if you configure the hidden pref for the URL
- Open files in the browser, or view their source
- List possible problems with the Chrome Manifests in use in the Error Console.
Chrome List an orphanage
If this piece of software was useful for you, please consider donating to Mime Čuvalo and the orphanage he sponsors. A fair part of my tree code was inspired by (and/or rewritten from) his, so credit is due there. If I find a suitable charity near me, I might switch to recommending you donate to them instead. Suggestions welcome!
Bugs and Suggestions
Find bugs? Have the most awesome idea for Chrome List since sliced cheese? Let me know on Google Code. And please, set the Owner to "GijsKruitbosch" or send me mail, or I might not notice that anything happened (Google Code is not that great in this respect).